Favorite Local Store

ajanicki10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where does everyone shop in Tampa Bay community? My two favorite stores are Fish & Other Itchy Stuff and Creative Aquariums of Tampa. Both have their own strengths and weaknesses. I live i north St Pete, but haven't found a store in Pinellas that can compete with those two.

Just want to get your opinions. Here is my tank I setup two months ago.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1424183854.173448.jpg

ctyler85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those two are my big go to stores. Drysdale in land o lakes has always been good to me. If I need dry goods I'm stop by marine warehouse or coral corral but that's still a bit of a drive

ctyler85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think the coral prices are a bit high and the selection seems to have dwindled as of late but his pricing of dry goods and fish seems to be pretty reasonable

OP
OP
ajanicki10

ajanicki10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think the coral prices are a bit high and the selection seems to have dwindled as of late but his pricing of dry goods and fish seems to be pretty reasonable

I will have to check them out. I typically get my water at Fish and other itchy stuff on the weekend.

Mustang Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite store by far is Corals and Fins, it isn't because he has a huge selection or the highest end corals but his prices are awesome and the owner Lee is a great guy.

OP
OP
ajanicki10

ajanicki10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite store by far is Corals and Fins, it isn't because he has a huge selection or the highest end corals but his prices are awesome and the owner Lee is a great guy.

I went in that store last week. Small, ver limited inventory and poor quality. Why wouldn't you go to creative aquariums on Dale Mabry?

Mustang Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went in that store last week. Small, ver limited inventory and poor quality. Why wouldn't you go to creative aquariums on Dale Mabry?

I always make a stop at Creative Aquariums when I go to Corals and Fins, Lee's place has some stuff that I get on a biweekly basis so I'm there fairly often. I stop by mostly and pick up ghost shrimp for my mantis and eyeball the $5 and $10 bins cause sometimes there is good stuff in there. I wouldn't say poor quality unless he was a day or 2 away from getting a shipment because he sells a ton of his stuff within the first couple days of getting it in. I wouldn't put his place on the level of say Creative or FAOIS or Elite but his fish prices are very low and I like him as an owner so I'm always in there.

ctyler85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will agree that when corals and fins gets a fresh shipment in the quality is definitely there, problem is its usually priced too well and moves to fast so if you're stopping in between shipments I will agree the store does look a bit drab. Got my first coral from Lee. A massive bowling ball size mixed ZOA rock for $40. I have heard (but have yet to follow through on it) that if you get on his mailing list, he notifies of new shipments and does a big discount if you buy the stuff while its still in the bag from the vendor. I will say that I wasn't a huge fan of elite

Mustang Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea getting on his mailling list is nice. He has sales all the time that he lists on his mailling list, I try to get in there early to see the new stuff and have gotten a few nice corals that were priced incredibly well on sale.

marks1630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but there is a great LFS in the brandon area called "The Aquarium & Fish Store". I stop in at least once a week and spend far too much. If your ever in brandon they're in the shopping center on the corner of Lumsden and King.

pimmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on Marine warehouse and coral corale but pricewise fish and other itchy stuff is decent for corals but I also started buying corals from folks from their homes found them on Craigslist including underground corals (st. Pete) Another place which pricing is fair as far as pet stores goes is for coral/fish but lately seem a little limited is exotic pets in new port richey and tarpon. Looking forward to drag fest Ifragit in Tampa on July 25th where there will be a lot of vendors. It will be in downtown Tampa.

Shell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquatic vision in NPR. It's a warehouse. Tropical reef in Largo. Nothing in St.Pete.

StephanieRodriguez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a big fan of Corals and Fins, and Creative Aquariums. Corals and Fins are very personable and if you like their Facebook page they post their sales.

Darin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like A Tropical Reef in Clearwater good prices. Coral Corral in Tampa has a good selection plus their display tanks are crazy. I went here looking mind trick monti which he had in his display tank and not for sale so he just broke a piece off his display tank and gave it to me. Also Creative Aquariums also has a great selection same for Marine Warehouse.

Back