Favorite SPS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TD13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TD13

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2015
Messages
789
Reaction score
386
Location
St. Louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of us who LOVE SPS, what's your fav? It can be one in your tank, or one on your bucket list.

Mine... Pikachu.... Seriously?! How cool is that thing!?

abb_zps8e0842f9.jpg
 
Thats a pretty cool picture but yellows in SPS are very rare. It's amazing what people are able to do with a nice camera and blue LED's. :)

This picture from unique is a far better real interpretation of it. More green than yellow.
download.jpg


Having said all that......................... My favorite SPS over the last decade in the hobby is probably a plain old bonzai. It has great color contrast under any lighting.
IMG_0298.JPG
 
Thats a pretty cool pic of a Bonzai. I've only had SPS for about 5 months and I'm hooked. Interested to see what kind of cool ones I don't know about.
 
Thats a pretty cool picture but yellows in SPS are very rare. It's amazing what people are able to do with a nice camera and blue LED's. :)

This picture from unique is a far better real interpretation of it. More green than yellow.
download.jpg


Having said all that......................... My favorite SPS over the last decade in the hobby is probably a plain old bonzai. It has great color contrast under any lighting.
IMG_0298.JPG
Actually that picture is very far from a true representation of the uc Pikachu. I was fortunate enough to see this coral at unique before it was available for purchase and it was definitely not green.
0ab3380fe0ec89d5552a92d8a56c5865.jpg

This is the frag I picked out and it's extremely accurate to the true color. I have no idea why one tip turned purple.
 
I'm glad your's colored up Pete. The picture I posted is one with a Unique watermark on it. Their website has one more closely colored to the one you have. Still, not a solid vibrant yellow with bright red polyps.

Anyhow, enough said. We dont need to derail what can be a cool thread. Sorry to bring it up.
 
Slowly snagging some sticks. So of course the only two I have are my favorite lol.

-Some old school Bali green slimmer
-Ora tri color

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1450024537.261669.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new