Fear of missing out an accumulating trace elements

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 420 liter tank with a Ceato refuge. I have many fish that are heavily fed and LPS, SPS and a few soft corals. My tank is close to 3 years old. I dose the TM ABC Balling system and I mix the K and A elements into the A and B respectivly. So It adds to about 60 ml of ABC and 3-4 ml of the A & K daily. I do not do water changes (almost 2 years). I dose 3 ml Elimi NP daily and one spoon Reef actif twice a week. My corals are looking great (apart from those niblled by my CBB). I run a powerfull skimmer, and GFO and GAC reactors.
My question is: Is there a trace element that I should worry about to accumulate to toxic levels long term?
Thanks

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have developed this kind of trace elements supply 1994 and 1995, almost 30 years ago, and I have not seen any toxic accumulation of elements in this time.

We sell All-For-Reef, which contains the same trace element formulas, for some years now and I have not seen one report of accumulating trace elements yet. Rather users may report some trace metals are not found with ICP-OES although they are supplied. However, this is normal. Since a continuous supply is guaranteed when using our trace elements products, it is not necessary to exceed the detection limits of ICP-OES when lower concentrations are absolutely sufficient. This is the advantage of a continuous and balanced supply over other methods which depend on analyses results.

Since there is a continuous demand by growing corals and this is balanced by a continuous supply, you create a very stable dynamic equilibrium without any total depletion or accumulation to toxic levels.

OP
OP
Koty

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. Indeed, what I experienced in my tank using the abovementioned regime is very satisfactory. I do not bother with ICP-OES as my hypothesis that you confirmed was that the trace elements are short-lived in the water column. As I do not do any WC, I check KH, Ca, Mg, K, PO4, NO3, and salinity with the TM hydrometer (I keep it at 1.0264 ± 0.0002). One thing I found after starting with the K & A elements is that besides corals, my Cheato started growing at a much faster rate. I used to have only LPS, but I added a green and red Montipora to see if they would survive my "dirty" tank. Surprisingly, they are growing nicely, and I added a few more. My LPS seems very happy. Besides the trace elements, I have to say that I found your carbon dosing products, ElimiNP and the Reef Actif, in my case, extremely beneficial.
My primary goal is that fish will not die (2 years, no death except a single carpet surf of a fairy wrasse), so I feed them a lot of high-quality food, which results in challenging levels of bioload. I, therefore, use all possible means of export. Here is a glimpse of my dirty tank:

Attachments

• 2023-08-26 13.28.45.jpg
    2023-08-26 13.28.45.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 2023-08-26 13.28.20.jpg
    2023-08-26 13.28.20.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 2023-08-26 13.28.07.jpg
    2023-08-26 13.28.07.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 28

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back