Feather duster tentacle hitchhiker

Preston's_Waters

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Messages
139
Reaction score
62
Location
DFW
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I am new to reef2reef so I might not know everything about this, And I just got my first tank which is a 13.5 evo. I have 2 clowns, a watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair, a feather duster worm and a couple of snails and hermits. When I got my feather duster there were these clear tentacles that were the width of fishing string on it. They looked like they were alive and I have no clue what they are. Im pretty sure that It isn't aiptasia, If anyone has any clue what they are or what to do with them then any info would be much appreciated. There were only 2-3 tentacles and they have been in the sand for a while now, I moved the feather duster and the tentacles are still in the original spot. They will come out of the sand from Time to time but just the tentacles show.

Also separate question, the duster is bent over looking and I have no clue is that is good or not.
 
Last edited:
the circled stuff is what came off of the feather duster and it was directly below where the tentacles came out from
 
I just found there tubes that the tentacles came out of, I am starting to wonder if these are small duster worms
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new