Feather duster tubes

Jdbrusseau

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to buy some feather dusters today at my local pet store. But I'm concerned about their health so I did not. Is it normal for their tubes to look like they're dissolving on the bottom portion? The bulk of the tube was a nice solid coffee brown but the bottom was a translucent opaque Brown that look like it was being dissolved. The worm was feathered and feeding but I was worried about the tube being unhealthy

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was going to buy some feather dusters today at my local pet store. But I'm concerned about their health so I did not. Is it normal for their tubes to look like they're dissolving on the bottom portion? The bulk of the tube was a nice solid coffee brown but the bottom was a translucent opaque Brown that look like it was being dissolved. The worm was feathered and feeding but I was worried about the tube being unhealthy
Take a picture and post if you can as they may be tube worms and not something I would purchase as they are at times regarded as a pest but also multiply quickly. the fans you see are used to capture food for this worm and in essense not true feather dusters
Often they are sold as " Cluster Dusters" but not true feather dusters

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back