Nassarius Snail Killed my Feather Duster Worm

SomeHappyFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2023
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
675
Location
Montreal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a small feather duster worm for 10$ at a LFS he seem fine, I had him for 1 month then I added 3 Nassarius Snails who looked hungry for food.

They went directly at my duster and slimed him and ate the crown...

2 Weeks go by, I hoped the worm would regrow the crown but I come home to my Nassarius snails feasting on the little guy whom I guess is dead now.

Why did they attack him? I thought they were scavengers...
 
I've heard of whelks doing this, you sure you have a nass and not a whelk?
1000006032.jpg
1000006033.jpg
1000005937.jpg
 
This happened to me a few months ago. My feather duster bailed out of its husk shell when I placed it on the rockwork and my snails were all over it, specifically the nassarius… nassarii?
The other week i started seeing another feather worm pop up that had a crown bigger than the other micro feathers, sooo it survived??? Otherwise I have no idea where this one came from.
 
This happened to me a few months ago. My feather duster bailed out of its husk shell when I placed it on the rockwork and my snails were all over it, specifically the nassarius… nassarii?
The other week i started seeing another feather worm pop up that had a crown bigger than the other micro feathers, sooo it survived??? Otherwise I have no idea where this one came from.
Might of survived.

Mine was in chunks haha
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new