Feather star arrival. Dead?

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK guys, this is one I don't believe so I'm sure you won't either. Ordered our 3 to 6 in feather star last week and it showed up yesterday eve. at 6:30 pm after spending all day in the back of a ups truck. Its middle of August in the high desert, middle of New Mexico. I didn't rush the critter in and get him floating as I assumed him dead anyway, and told the driver as much. The driver and I both had some past recognition but couldn't tell where from until he asked me if something was wrong? Yes, as a matter of fact, they,ups, keeps switching drivers on me and I talked to all of them in the last 6 months. Gave them all my name and # and a note to call when a live package shows up so I can go to meet the truck. We have no drop off point except our house and by schedule our house is always last. Bummer!! So this driver and I realize he's seen my wife's seahorse tank and my old nano tank before the crash. Great, he tells me ups does have an am delivery schedule and if paid for they have to b at your door before 2: pm. Not great but SO much better. We talked about an hr. Then went n and told wife everything, another 15 min. Then remember I have a dead sea star to deal with.We open a big box, and packed very well inside is a monster size bag, very well packed and triple bagged and double sealed. What looks like a hairy softball inside it was our assumed dead star. Went on and floated for 30 min. then poured into bucket contents if bag. There he was all curled up n not moving, primed him, first thing to do for anyone traveling. Then dripped from 7 ish till 11:00 pm. Have changed out 4 and a half gal. at this point( their stock is copper treated) , and now still " dead" I threw in a few pods ,we grow, and a little phyto. When out from the bottom of bucket comes a huge swimming monster of a feather star and he is SO impressive , 8 inches. Thank you Reef Beauties, they really give us the hook up. When there were no blk sailfin blennies to b found they hooked me up. And now WOW. I already know when you guys see the pic. I'm going to get a lot of " he belongs n a bigger tank". I don't have one and remember, I was expecting a 3 to 6 inch feather star, not such a beast, but I'm not complaining and neither is he. As I over feed, haven't found the right amount, apastia r trying to pop up , but that will b a bergia story. Pictures will b up later and enjoy this guy as we will and a great ups ending. Last year we lost so many to their delivery schedule, and that is Not the drivers fault. That fault lies w UPS. company, so please don't yell at the drivers. They're just trying to do a job. Thank you reef beauties, and to the awesome reefer here on R2R that helped me w info, acclimation, and a kind word of hope. Thanks

Back