February 16th AZ FRAG Meeting. Tony Vargas!!! JBJ Tank Raffle!!

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes we got the man himself Tony Vargas, author of The Coral Reef Aquarium speaking for us at Prankster gar and Brill Too. (There will be a mic this time LOL) Meeting starts at 2pm. After his speech we will raffle off this awesome 30 gallon JBJ rimless aquarium and stand.
boldblue.gif
Perfect for regifting for a late and forgotten Valentines day gift. I would forgive you.
love.gif

There will be the normal causal selling and trading. I will post another thread for that. Don't forget to add the pics! Pics or it didn't happen! LOL

Afterwards Tony will be signing his books which will also be for purchase as well at Reef Culture. So stop by and get your copy of TCRA official.

In the morning and evening we will be doing a small tank tour of some of the club members reefs in the area. If you are interested in tagging along please PM me. I will post more on the schedule.

2pm-4pm
Pranksters Gar & Brill Too
7919 E Thomas Road Suite 101
Scottsdale, AZ 85251

4:30pm - 7pm
Reef Culture
406 S. Price Rd
Tempe, AZ 85281

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to try to make it out to this one.... been meaning to do so...

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would drive up for this one if it wasn't on my little girls birthday, Tony's awesome.

Last edited:

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tony came out and spoke to our club as well in December. He was one of the best and most enjoyable speakers we've ever had IMO. You fish nerds are in for a treat.

Tony Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones as well. I look forward to having a great time and for me that means fish and coral related subjects/conversations, viewing nice reef tanks, and visiting cool stores. Oh, and lets not forget I will sing happy birthday to your children, :wink:.

See you all on Saturday, I will make sure we all have a great time!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tony, sorry I'm gonna miss you this time around, always enjoy listening to you. Please stop in and chat with us on Reef2Reef sometime.

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tony came out and spoke to our club as well in December. He was one of the best and most enjoyable speakers we've ever had IMO. You fish nerds are in for a treat.

I've attended two of his speech's now and you are every correct. Great speaker.

Ohhhh..... I want to come, that sounds fun :)

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Come on out! Bring friends.

I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones as well. I look forward to having a great time and for me that means fish and coral related subjects/conversations, viewing nice reef tanks, and visiting cool stores. Oh, and lets not forget I will sing happy birthday to your children, :wink:.

See you all on Saturday, I will make sure we all have a great time!

Oh see Aquaph8, he gonna sign. It could be the greatest moment of her youth....or emotionally scaring, I've never heard Tony sign. :cry:

I'm going to try to make it I've never been to one but would love to be there

You picked a great time to start my friend.

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, Is this a family friendly event? Never been.

Absolutely. Bring the kids. It is at a bar, but we keep to our self in our own room.

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, every six year olds dream

My 6 year old's dream.... but he will be hanging with mommy on Saturday... Any word on the tank tour... I have a 9:30 Appointment in Goodyear, but I'm free after that.

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 6 year old's dream.... but he will be hanging with mommy on Saturday... Any word on the tank tour... I have a 9:30 Appointment in Goodyear, but I'm free after that.

It's going to be low key. I will send you details in a PM if you are interested.

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention about the parking situation, when we head to Reef Culture the parking lot will probably be packed. There is a few more spots behind the store, but if you cannot find anything then go to the next street (5th Street) and park on the side. There should be plenty there.

Also there is some secret parking behind pranksters. If you pull into the driveway off Thomas take a quick right and follow behind the building. Use the spots by the park entrance.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back