February 16th AZ FRAG Meeting. Tony Vargas!!! JBJ Tank Raffle!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mr. Tony needs to make more appearances here on R2R!

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Headed home a happy camper!!!!! Picked up some great frags and meet a living legend ;)
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1361061002.331077.jpg

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case anyone was interested in the Cree LED Flashlight I had at the swap today, here's a link to just the blue one......

Look at this on eBay:

CREE Q5 Blue LED 501B Torch Flashlight Lamp Light 180LM 3W

http://bit.ly/WAYx16

Here's a link for a blue and a green....

Look at this on eBay:

CREE LED blue Green Light Bulb Flashlight Torch CR123A 6P hunting defender 16340

http://bit.ly/WAY275

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case anyone was interested in the Cree LED Flashlight I had at the swap today, here's a link to just the blue one......

Look at this on eBay:

CREE Q5 Blue LED 501B Torch Flashlight Lamp Light 180LM 3W

http://bit.ly/WAYx16

Here's a link for a blue and a green....

Look at this on eBay:

CREE LED blue Green Light Bulb Flashlight Torch CR123A 6P hunting defender 16340

http://bit.ly/WAY275

Actually i have been making LED flashlights for reefers at these meetings. If you saw any of them flashlights that had a mixure of blue, white, or UVs in them those where mine. They have a similar color to our own reef lighting i also make dual actinics or can customize LED arrays to any color by request. Those Blue ones are nice but they are only blue. I don't advertise on the forums too much, because i don't want to step on any of the sponsors feet. But i am the only one in the world that makes a customer color LED that i know of. Been doing it for three years now.

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get most on eBay and contact seller for custom lenses also. I like the ultrafire housing and much brighter led of mine lol, can't go wrong with Cree RB ;) I only mention it since like 15 people asked me about it.
I actually got mine so I can silicone the threads and use it as a diving/snorkeling light when I go to Hawaii in march :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get most on eBay and contact seller for custom lenses also. I like the ultrafire housing and much brighter led of mine lol, can't go wrong with Cree RB ;) I only mention it since like 15 people asked me about it.
I actually got mine so I can silicone the threads and use it as a diving/snorkeling light when I go to Hawaii in march :)

Yeah i have a few of those that have the sure fire batteries they do last a long time. One of them is a 7watt LED with adjustable focus lens. But with only one LED you can only get white or blue. The most popular one i make have a mix and look like a 15K light setup giving a realistic look compared to most peoples lighting. If you saw SahrkBaits setup with the USB laptop lights, I reconfigured those.

The dual actinics i make have 460nm and 380nm LEDs blending to bring out a wider spectrum pigments.

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were very nice, much better for the frag meet purpose lol.

By the way, thanks for the great meet. It was my first and I will plan on attending many more. Maybe in a meet or two I'll bring some of my fire for trade ;)

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were very nice, much better for the frag meet purpose lol.

By the way, thanks for the great meet. It was my first and I will plan on attending many more. Maybe in a meet or two I'll bring some of my fire for trade ;)

Agreed... This was my first and I will definitely be seen often from now on... Seems like a good group... It was really nice to meet you guys... I wasn't able to make it out to Shane's place but I want to come when he has the open house... Please keep us posted :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ClustaAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to get a dual actinic light from you. How do I go about getting one from you?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you led users out there, what did you think about Tony's comment regarding led's in 6-8 months? Kind of interesting.
What do you think the changes and/or additions to the lighting trend will be?

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you led users out there, what did you think about Tony's comment regarding led's in 6-8 months? Kind of interesting.

Hopefully Cheaper.....but with all the new stuff coming out with them, they will probably rock your corals to sleep LOL!!

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed... This was my first and I will definitely be seen often from now on... Seems like a good group... It was really nice to meet you guys... I wasn't able to make it out to Shane's place but I want to come when he has the open house... Please keep us posted :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Shanes open house will be in March the 24th. Which is a Sunday. I will post more details in a couple of weeks.

Would love to get a dual actinic light from you. How do I go about getting one from you?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Typically people just send me a PM with the details to what they want and I make them before the next meeting and give it to them there.

The 9 LED lights are $10
The 21 LEDs are $20
I need to order some more stuff for the 3 stage flashlights. They are bigger with three different color switches. They go for $40.

I believe he was talking about Organic LEDs, which are already around, but there has not been an aquarium OLED light fixture made yet. Plus they are incredibly expensive, so maybe he heard that the technology for OLEDs will drop the price significantly soon.

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to add one of your flashlights to my arsenal! I meant to ask you at the last PROP meeting but forgot. I'll shoot you a pm as the next meeting gets closer to make arrangements.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back