February is a month of LOVE! So what do you LOVE most in your reef?

tnc112105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love sharing my passion with others.

It's very rewarding to have company over and have people "oooh" and "ahhh" at these beautiful ecosystems that we create.

Pelagic One

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone loves the feeling of accomplishment, with nervous jitters along the way, but it’s an awesome feeling to fill a tank for the leak test and find zero leaks.

And as a seemingly integral part of reefing nowadays, I thoroughly enjoyed unboxing new Apex gear, installing it on my sterile system, and watch the parameters light up when I switched to saltwater, live sand, rock, and bio-in-a-bottle. Now if I can just get past the ‘chasing numbers’ stage!

Last edited:

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the first hand insight at the life of the animals we keep in our boxes and the serene effect it has on us

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the challenge & satisfaction I get & the oohs & aahs from visitors when we see the beautiful colors & shapes etc. I have learned so much about fellow animals that share this Earth with us. Getting there is the challenge however ! LOL

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't call myself a reefer yet as the tank is not wet yet but having had a fish only tank in the past along with several fresh tanks, I can speak from that feeling as well as what I am anticipating. My wife and I both scuba dive and watching a salty swim and interact with it's environment is rewarding. The effort to get to the dive or in this case build the elements to house these magnificent animals amplifies the feeling of accomplishment and rewards us "parents" of caring for our wonderful pets. On the flip side, it is incredibly sad when for all our efforts, we fail them when they don't make it.

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what I love? I love the fact that I can create a tiny little copy of a much larger ecosystem. It's a window into a world I would otherwise never see.
You should take up scuba. There are some really good dive shops around you and incredible dive spots there too.

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hands down when my feather duster comes out of his tube and majestically unfurls to release a massive dump in my tank right into my water current and then sucks right back into his hole. Gotta love that.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the salty side of fishkeeping but is not fishkeeping only what I love, is the passion behind creating an ecosystem from scratch and see how everything goes together in my little piece of the ocean. I love sharing my little knowledge about creating and maintaining a reef tank to all my friends and family.

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love fat happy fish!

One of my many fat happy fish.
rubriventralis flair2.jpg

Duane Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should take up scuba. There are some really good dive shops around you and incredible dive spots there too.
Funny you should mention it. I have been certified since I was 15. I am 47 now. Have not gone diving in 25 years. My wife hated the idea of diving so I ended up selling all my equipment. I should get recertified and go again.

bobman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the build process. The wife said I am not addicted to tanks I am addicted to tank builds lol. She is right I just finished up my new 75 tank build lol

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the build process. The wife said I am not addicted to tanks I am addicted to tank builds lol. She is right I just finished up my new 75 tank build lol

Yeah, me too. Wish I could aquascape for a living.

ItsAName

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love constantly learning and trying to make as self sustaining an environment as possible.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the incredible amount of interactive life i can and cannot see in my tank - symbiotic and otherwise. mother nature created a balance that will keep my mind racing until i am out of here. thus my avatar - I still find that amazing every time i look at the tank. it starts the pondering and wondering of what else is going on in that little universe in my living room

cincyfishguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that I still get excited about the hobby after all the years I've been in it. Just recently my clowns started hosting in my anemone after being together for a year or more.

Back