Fed Ex fails! Fraghouse corals prevails!!!

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short I ordered 17 acros from @FraghouseCorals for their new years sale. Super stoked! Shipment was supposed to arrive by noon yesterday. Didn’t arrive. Said by end of day, didn’t arrive. Got an update that they would arrive on Monday! No way anything survives. Super bummed! Wake up and get a text from fed ex that they are out for delivery by noon. Spirits lifted!! Noon comes and goes. Spirits dashed!! Lo and behold I see a fed ex truck outside at just before 2pm!! I run like a kid outside and collect my box!! I was dying to know if they survived an extra day!! Two heat packs still warm inside. Box packed tight! Polyp extension in the bags!! Even after almost 48 hours in transit and surprisingly cold temps in Louisiana!! Things are a bit pale but that’s to be expected after the journey!! All in the tank to settle in and now I can relax!!!
IMG_1078.jpeg
IMG_1077.jpeg

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad it worked out. I'm always nervous when ordering corals or Fish online. FedEx sent my corals from Jason Fox to Vermont when I'm in New Hampshire. I called them and they wanted me to come and pick them up, seriously. The Supervisor ended up delivering them to me later that day.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it worked out. I'm always nervous when ordering corals or Fish online. FedEx sent my corals from Jason Fox to Vermont when I'm in New Hampshire. I called them and they wanted me to come and pick them up, seriously. The Supervisor ended up delivering them to me later that day.
That’s crazy!!
Well, good couple hours in the tank and everything is looking good! Some PE on most of the pieces!

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same thing happen to me with a $1000 Fruity Splice frag from TSA. Fed-ex took 48hrs to get the frag to me and all looked great on the coral, but 24hrs later in my tank It RTN on me. TSA has been awesome and sending a replacement.

You should still contact the store just in case they RTN in the next few days. hopefully no loss for you

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I do have two pieces that are RTN’ing. All in all that survival rate with the extra shipping day pretty dang good!

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back