FedEx delivery

What carrier do you recommend for a 24 hour delivery?

• FedEx

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • UPS

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • USPS

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tdoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This month I have had 2 deliveries that showed up late from FedEx. What is your experience with FedEx?
Who would you recommend?

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This month I have had 2 deliveries that showed up late from FedEx. What is your experience with FedEx?
Who would you recommend?

This really depends on your local carrier/delivery driver. My FedEx is normally here ~9am, UPS~10am for overnight. However, if I have a fill in/sub driver it's all over the place.

My normal FedEx driver is good. The fill in not so much... Same for UPS, they have improved a lot over the last year, at least mine have.

The bigger issue is hub traffic/delays

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who would you recommend?

Are you near a hub that you could hold and pickup at? Or deliver to work?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None the above frankly. Last mile delivery is typically turrible. Get it to a local hub and have it picked up. Or if your willing to pay more for airline freight, it's a bit more reliable.

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it also depends on your region. Where I am, it's somewhat rare to have an issue with an overnight shipment, BUT when it's happened it has been with FedEx. UPS have been 100% reliable for overnight deliveries for me (knock on wood). But for others that's not the case. It just depends on region and local delivery drivers.

Eazy E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last month I had bought 2 conch snails from Florida that were delayed 4 days by FedEx because of a winter storm that blanketed the East Coast. I though they were done for sure, but I opened the bag and they didn't smell. Put them in a small container of tank water for an hour and surprisingly they survived. With as bad as that storm was I'm sure all shippers were delayed.

OP
OP
Tdoan

Tdoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it also depends on your region. Where I am, it's somewhat rare to have an issue with an overnight shipment, BUT when it's happened it has been with FedEx. UPS have been 100% reliable for overnight deliveries for me (knock on wood). But for others that's not the case. It just depends on region and local delivery drivers.
UPS has been reliable for me as well.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who would you recommend?
Do you have any idea why they were delayed? Weather? Angry overworked driver? You live waaay out in the sticks?

Most of my bad experiences have been with Fed Ex, most have been weather related, shipments going into Memphis getting delayed due to weather. One shipment was close to Christmas, it was a box of shellfish from Rhode Island to Vermont, took two days and goes all the way to Memphis. I could have driven down, had dinner at the restaurant, stayed the night and driven back faster.

UPS has been better, packages from Maine go to the regional hub in PA so less distance covered.

MillennialReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it really depends where you live, as in the city and neighborhood. I've moved several times and learned that in NYC UPS is the dominant one and most reliable. However, when I lived in northern VA, FedEx was dominant. Infact when I do order live animals in NYC I tend to ask the website to use UPS since I'm 100% it will show up on time and within the delivery window.

OP
OP
Tdoan

Tdoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any idea why they were delayed? Weather? Angry overworked driver? You live waaay out in the sticks?

Most of my bad experiences have been with Fed Ex, most have been weather related, shipments going into Memphis getting delayed due to weather. One shipment was close to Christmas, it was a box of shellfish from Rhode Island to Vermont, took two days and goes all the way to Memphis. I could have driven down, had dinner at the restaurant, stayed the night and driven back faster.

UPS has been better, packages from Maine go to the regional hub in PA so less distance covered.
I don’t live out in the sticks and there is no issues with weather here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back