Fedex Shipping question.

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys/gals,

I had a quick question. When I ship around the USA I do the standard overnight shipping. Locally I usually have people stop by and pick up the corals. Recently I have had quite a few orders for corals in Michigan but about 3 hours across the state.

My question is what option is best when shipping within a one day shipping radius with Fedex? According to the Fedex map anything I ship in Michigan will get there in one day.

What do you guys think?

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
people here in Florida ship regular all the time and we get it the next day. I did read somewhere that you would usually get it the next day unless a issue a space comes up with paid overnights they would push your package back a day but I am thinking that is very rare

fenderguy1

Prop/Shipping Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did read somewhere that you would usually get it the next day unless a issue a space comes up with paid overnights they would push your package back a day but I am thinking that is very rare
Very true, also if anything happens(truck breaks down pkg missorted) your pkg would get pushed to the following day.

lkjr409

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true, also if anything happens(truck breaks down pkg missorted) your pkg would get pushed to the following day.

Have you thought about UPS ground overnight for close shipments? I am guessing it would be much cheaper. it a is a guarantee end of day delivery and I have been quite happy with them.

Last edited:

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usps ftw, never had any issues at all with them, and they deliver on sat no extra charge.
But to answer your question, fedex regular overnight has been spot on every time I have used it.

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just like the above replys. it should get there the next day but they will not ensure that if you dont sent over night. will it get there the next day? chances are yes it will but if something more important comes up you get pushed to the back since they dont HAVE to get it there next day since its just a ground shipment. becasue of that i always use over night even if is down the street

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have shipped stuff within the state of FL through USPS. I send it express overnight. Normally gets there by like 9 the next day. I think a decent size box with 5 or 6 corals in it cost me like $15 to ship. Never had a problem. You can have it held at the nearest post office to your house. When they get it they call you. Or you can have them deliver it to your house but it is too hot in Florida to have them deliver it. I just pick it up.

LOVETHISHOBBY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the package is being delivered to a residence, I use FedEx priority overnight. If holding at the hub, I use standard overnight. I've never used USPS or UPS.

TANKSALOT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another issue is insurance.
If you file a claim because that didn't survive due to a shipping delay. You must have paid for the over-night express to be eligible.

Corals Depot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in Los Angeles and UPS ground gets to anywhere in California next day! Although when you do the shipping time and cost is says 2 days. But so far EVERYTHING arrives the next day. I think they just want that extra money so u will ship overnight

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back