feedback on plumbing

reefer_madness69420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up my first saltwater aquarium and just finished dry fitting the plumbing. Its a 108 gallon display/24 gallon sump. Return pump is an Ecotech M2 (2000 gph max flow). I wanted run the emergency pipe straight down from the overflow box but it wouldn't fit due to the return line so had to wiggle around a little. I'm also going to add a gate valve just before the one return line enters into the UV so I can control flow through that.

Can y'all give some input and advice on this setup? Any fatal flaws or improvements that can be made? Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2024-03-31 at 4.51.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-03-31 at 4.51.29 PM.png

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If running the reactors off the return line you might need to force more water thru those 2 gate valves. Maybe a gate valve after the lines going to the reactors. Maybe not.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have 2 full siphon drains and 1 emergency? make sure you have a gate valve on each, tough to see. How about the t-offs on the return, how will water be diverted to the right? Finally more fundamental, make sure the sump can handle the full volume necessary if power goes off. looks great overall!

OP
OP
R

reefer_madness69420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have 2 full siphon drains and 1 emergency? make sure you have a gate valve on each, tough to see. How about the t-offs on the return, how will water be diverted to the right? Finally more fundamental, make sure the sump can handle the full volume necessary if power goes off. looks great overall!
Thanks for your feedback! I haven't set it up yet but I plan to use a bean animal in the overflow. Once I do that, it should just be the gate valve on the primary drain line, is that right? Regarding the t-off on the return I may have made an oversight there... with the return pump i have I was assuming that the flow would be sufficient to get to the reactors (off the first tee; Lapin noted this above as well) and flow to the second return line (off the second tee). Should I reroute the plumbing in some way? I thought about using two pumps with a dedicated manifold but space is really tight. And will do on simulating a power outage. Thanks again!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back