UV plumbing help

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 220 mixed reef. In my sump. I Have a manifold with 2 valves for additional equipment plumbed into my return pump. Can I plumb my uv intake from one of the manifold ports and then back out to the other? Will that work. For some reason I just can’t wrap my head around if that will work or not. This would be the easiest way to plumb it for me. Basically the water would flow through my return pump up to the manifold out to the uv then exit the uv and return through the next port in my manifold which would then flow up to my return lines into the tank.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should work. Personally, I don't like the UV plumbed from the return line. It is harder to regulate the flow and trickier if you need to clean, repair things

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do it that way it will need a valve to close and force it thru the UV.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back