Feedback on the new Reefbuilder's Photon-V2

blazedmasta

The Coral Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to know if anybody using these. They have awesome features and an even better warranty. I've been reading forms and comparing charts of par value for weeks now trying to avoid making a bad purchase. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I guess anything would be better then what I have now but wanted to Venture more into the growing SPS.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to know if anybody using these. They have awesome features and an even better warranty. I've been reading forms and comparing charts of par value for weeks now trying to avoid making a bad purchase. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I guess anything would be better then what I have now but wanted to Venture more into the growing SPS.
do it. I has shopping for these used and you cannot find them even the V1! thats says a lot right there. jus sayin.

OP
OP
blazedmasta

blazedmasta

The Coral Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah you pretty much have to get them directly from them. Yeah I've ordered one already for a smaller tank and going to test and post results. But it should have tons of potential..

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah you pretty much have to get them directly from them. Yeah I've ordered one already for a smaller tank and going to test and post results. But it should have tons of potential..
ive spoken to them (Reefbreeders) here on reef2reef quite often actually. thats pretty cool too.

OP
OP
blazedmasta

blazedmasta

The Coral Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
---Update---

This light is awesome!! Some people had concerns about this shimmer, it really depends on the water movement on the top bit under normal conditions looks good. All the corals seems to really like the change. Full polyp extension. Programming was a breeze. This light is super powerful. Since changing I've noticed new head on all my acans that was on the substrate. All zoas are all fully open since upgrading. If anybody was wondering if this light could grow sps. I would confirm this won't been an issue. All my sps are starting to color up nicely and notice seriously new growth and I'm only at 55% intensity.

Looking into getting a par meter and will update soon.

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%

Back