Feedback sought on new frag tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Moto69Joe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Moto69Joe

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to have a 30" x 24" x 12" AIO frag tank built. I will have a skimmer in it, LED's, and mangroves in the back compartment. I have two designs I am thinking would work for the rear compartment/filtration but I am new to this and not even sure if it will function as intended. Any criticism and advice is welcome. I am a fan of the last design as it closely mimics my Biocube setup.
Frag Tank 1.jpg

Frag Tank 2.jpg
 
I'm thinking about getting into frags too. I'd like to know how this works out for you. I love the design, and would like to use this. Thanks!

-BeckMBSC
 
I personally like to have my skimmer after any chemical media, not sure why, but I just do. But that aside, the second design looks very nice, and one I would use.
 
Can anyone give me some help with designing in an overflow into the rear compartment? As you can see on my 2nd design I won't have the 2nd wall go all the way to the top to allow water to flow into the 4" channel should me polyfilter back up. Is there certain height from the top I should have this wall end? How tall should I make the two walls that will support the mangrove compartment?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new