Feeding Door on DIY Screen Top

reelss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I am going to be building a DIY screen top for my 120. The parts will be coming from a local hardware store. I would like to incorporate a door/lid/opening for feeding. Has anyone done this. Looking for ideas. Thanks!

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1016.JPG
I made the screen for my 90 in 2 parts. Easy to slide one on top of the other. No hardware necessary. Used egg crate with screen in a narrow strip all along the back for hoses, etc.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be doing something similar as I have an aqueon twin overflow and 2 braces. So will do 1 pc for the middle and 2 pcs for each side and egg crate around the overflows with mesh screen. Also going to make covers of egg crate for the tops of the overflows to keep critters out. I think that will work...

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I considered doing a door but decided against it. You would have too many frame panes going across the top, I wanted it to look cleaner. i found it easy enough to prop open a single pane. When I'm feeding with a pipette, I just stick it through the holes in the screen. I covered my overflow with thin pieces of plastic, custom cut. Just a few drabs of superglue, it's been easy to pop off and reglue when needing to clean.

IMG_20170109_200146.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back