Feeding Harlequin Shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter Goby-won
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Goby-won

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2015
Messages
467
Reaction score
620
Location
Chester, VA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - I am looking for some advice. I have a harlequin shrimp in my 120. He was hired (purchased) to cleanup my vast collection of pest starfish. I am not sure he is making much progress yet, but I see him working on it. I just want to be prepared for the future when the pests will dwindle down.

My question is, what starfish is a good purchase to feed him and how often should I be feeding my buddy?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
 
most folks feed them chocolate chip starfish after the asterinas have been eaten up and I think that its something like once a week.
 
Depends on their size, I have two one giant and one small. They've been torturing the current cc for a week now and only on leg 3. Following those rules maybe 1-2 cc a month. Harlequin are beautiful shrimp! Get your shrimp a mate! They'll start roaming around searching for a star when they're hungry.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new