feeding inverts

  • Thread starter Thread starter George03
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

George03

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2025
Messages
195
Reaction score
71
Location
Dover
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have thoughts on supporting inverts, emerald crab, blue knee hermits, nassarius. I was thinking of home made mix of algea wafers with grocery clams mixed up.
 
Unless you've got an ultra low nitrient system and feed very little, I think most inverts don't really need to be fed. There's plenty around for them to feed on.
 
They'll go for meaty food preferentially, but they're all omnivores and can live largely on detritus. Feed a little extra of what other things get and they should be fine.
 
I feed my hermit crabs a little bit of Rod’s Food sometimes because they get super excited about it, and it’s fun to watch their little crab drama about it
IMG_8699.jpeg
IMG_8702.jpeg
IMG_8701.jpeg
 
I used to feed my invert tank once daily with a small amount of frozen mysis or reef frenzy.... algae and micro algae will grow in the tank naturally.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new