Feeding Lionfish porcelain crabs?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st, let me bust the myth of the dwarf moray. They are a great eel mainly because of their small size, but they are a cautionary tale. When they are small and young most of them are model citizens. Many hobbyist don't care for them properly and most never reach maturity. These eels are fang tooth eels, they eat fish for living, when mature nature can raise it's ugly head. When mature these eels can decide to dine on small fish and even become notorious biters. Still a great eel, with caution.

Eels mostly grow pretty fast if cared for properly. That snowflake would need a bigger home in a years time. A small snowflake tank raised is a safer eel than a dwarf moray, even though a larger eel. The snowflake is a pebble tooth eel, tank raised with the appropriate tank mates would cause no threat to fish. I would suggest planning the 80g for the snowflake within a years time.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st, let me bust the myth of the dwarf moray. They are a great eel mainly because of their small size, but they are a cautionary tale. When they are small and young most of them are model citizens. Many hobbyist don't care for them properly and most never reach maturity. These eels are fang tooth eels, they eat fish for living, when mature nature can raise it's ugly head. When mature these eels can decide to dine on small fish and even become notorious biters. Still a great eel, with caution.

Eels mostly grow pretty fast if cared for properly. That snowflake would need a bigger home in a years time. A small snowflake tank raised is a safer eel than a dwarf moray, even though a larger eel. The snowflake is a pebble tooth eel, tank raised with the appropriate tank mates would cause no threat to fish. I would suggest planning the 80g for the snowflake within a years time.
I think this was for a dwarf lionfish..no?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back