Feeding Neogonodactylus wennerae Mantes?

OP
OP
Fish Fan

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1" would be my preference.

Gives time to grow, easier to get started, and still large enough you can see it since it's eyes will be hard to find once it settles.
I typically enjoy getting small fish and other animals and watching them grow. So about 1" was my originally thought.

Thank you again for all your help! Is there anything else you think I should know?

I have been back and forth for two days with the good folks at Tampa Bay Saltwater, and they have been patiently answering all my stupid questions. But, things are looking really, really good, and I think I want to place an order tomorrow for a few small packages of their live rock and sand, as well as the Mantis.

I have a few tank options for the Mantis, but I think I am going to get a 20 gallon going to receive the shipment (which won't arrive until November 13th). That gives me a lot of wiggle room for die off. And then once stable, I can divide my shipment up over a couple of nano tanks I'm planning, including a species tank for the Mantis. All told, I am trying to order give or take about 14 pounds of their live sand, 5 pounds of base rock, 8 pounds of premium rock, as well as a Mantis and whatever other critters make their way along. I am mostly interested in the rock, sand, and Mantis.

OP
OP
Fish Fan

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gives time to grow, easier to get started, and still large enough you can see it since it's eyes will be hard to find once it settles.
Just what I was thinking! Thank you again for your help!

OP
OP
Fish Fan

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you again! I'm sure I'll have more questions, but thanks so much for your replies!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back