Feeding Reef Roids in tank with clam

Mark Waltermire

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
122
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a Maxima clam that is about 5". I had the thought though what is going to happen whenever I go to feed my corals their reef roids. I normally mix it up so it's a paste and then put it directly in the mouth of the corals. By the end, what the corals doing eat ends up in the water column. Will this cause any issues for the clam as to being harmful, beneficial, or neutral? I tried looking this up, but no posts seem to mention clams and reef roids. I attached a couple photos of the clam. The pictures where from the same time, but with different white balance settings. The clam does not actually appear to have red in it though.

IMG_6541 copy.JPG IMG_6538 copy.JPG
 
The particle size will not be right for them to eat... no big deal. The clam will not be bothered by this... there is nearly nothing in our tanks that they can eat enough of so they depend on massive amounts of light to survive.

They can feed on some ammonia, nitrate and phosphate on the backend, but it does not matter if this is from the Reef Roids or fish food.
 
I've had no issues feeding roids with a maxima in tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new