Feeding vs not feeding euphyllia

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you feel like spot feeding and feeding meaty foods to your euphyllia makes them extend more and look better? My torch doesn't extend like before since i stopped feeding everyday because I'm trying to get my phosphates down. Could be that or just not looking the flow.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I target feed reef roids twice a week, but I honestly don't know if my euphyllia are happier with the target feeding or whenever I simply mix some zooplankton in every day.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine seem to do better with target feeding LPS pellets/chopped frozen food like mysis/broadcasting reef chili etc heavily several times a week. Caveat though, my DT only has a few fish and the tank with the hammers and frogspawn has no fish. I think if I had more fish I would still feed the same amount but the fish would eat much of it and the corals would still catch what they wanted. Right now the army of hermits, nassarius, bristle worms, and micro brittle stars clean up the scraps..

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed them everyday but I might enjoy it more than they do. I feed chopped up table shrimp and a mixture of other things they seem very happy to eat it.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feed them everyday but I might enjoy it more than they do. I feed chopped up table shrimp and a mixture of other things they seem very happy to eat it.
Haha! I think that's probably true of most corals. I tend to think photosynthesis and broadcast feeding is good enough for most corals unless you're trying to help them recover from something. Still, watching them eat is something I enjoy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back