Felix Smart Aquarium Controller System Launching Soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Felix Smart Aquarium Controller is an interesting new device being teased by some of Europe’s best aquascapers. This smart device includes many innovative tools that promise to bring smart controls, automation and monitoring of home aquariums into the 21st century. At its core the Felix Smart System is a controllable power strip with wireless […]

Continue reading...

michaelb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might sound like dumb question but what Reef aquarium gear is USB? I get the plugs but the USB is a strange one for me. Maybe I don’t get it.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another Kickstarter controller- hard pass. “Aquascape recommendations” based off of their camera? lol!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a unit made by freshwater experts the problem is most freshwater hobbyist are not big into tech like saltwater hobbyist.

michaelb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I read it, it's a wifi controlled power strip. With and USB camera as a webcam. Maybe.

SwiftStorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been wanting to get into the controller equipment. Apex seems like the only choice around. I just hate the entry price point. I love the idea of assistant control.

SwiftStorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been wanting to get into the controller equipment. Apex seems like the only choice around. I just hate the entry price point. I love the idea of assistant control.

Ehunforfun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say give things a chance before you start hating on it, it would be great for neptune to have some real competition out there. Pre-orders are up already with a lot more info on the thing on the indiegogo site.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef Angel is another budget friendly controller that has proven extremely reliable.

Marek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They've been releasing more info - looks like they have produced USB to BNC transfer boxes to hook up probes. They also seem really keen on getting backer feedback so they can include features that are wanted/needed by backers. I agree though that 360 cam alone is worth it hahaha.

I've messaged back and forth a bit with them on Facebook, and it also seems like they are working with other brands to integrate their products into their own platform.

I backed for the Pro unit with camera. I've been using Digital Aquatics for years now, nothing too fancy, and this seems like a really nice step up without blowing too much cash.

Marek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out they are also teaming up with Seneye! They will work within the Felix app so you only have to log into one place it seems. This is getting good! I hope they keep this up and can bring other brands like Maxspect and Ecotech into the mix.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 85 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 41 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back