Female Clownfish Being Aggressive

rearietta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two juvenile clownfish about 6 months ago and both have lived in the tank together the whole time. I’ve started noticing that my Female is being extremely aggressive towards my male and I’m not too sure what to do.

Attachments

• IMG_2484.MOV
    15.3 MB
Last edited:

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two juvenile clownfish about 6 months ago and both have lived in the tank together the whole time. I’ve started noticing that my Female is being extremely aggressive towards my male and I’m not too sure what to do.
Is the female larger in size than the male?

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the male is a lot smaller when comparing the two, it never really grew.
I’m not sure honestly, maybe it’s a part of the bonding process (like human relationships lol) not sure. Did you buy them ‘paired’ or picked them out of a group or just two random clowns? A video for reference never hurts :)

OP
OP
rearietta

rearietta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure honestly, maybe it’s a part of the bonding process (like human relationships lol) not sure. Did you buy them ‘paired’ or picked them out of a group or just two random clowns? A video for reference never hurts :)
I didn't buy them paired. I tried reuploading the video I originally put to see if that fixes it. At night they sleep together in the tank right next to eachother.

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Females tend to naturally be very aggressive and will beat on the male for a bit. Let it be and it will get better. But if you see the male really taking a beating from it (huge rips in fins, etc) then I would separate. But I wouldn't worry, its part of their natural behaviour.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't buy them paired. I tried reuploading the video I originally put to see if that fixes it. At night they sleep together in the tank right next to eachother.
Yeah like @Stuartmercer said, my clown sometimes pick fights then separate and come back together. But at the end of the day the do be sleeping together so that’s good.

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add a male Lyretail Anthias and a couple females. Maybe the male clown would learn from the male Anthias?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back