FEW QUESTIONS FOR MY 90 BUILD AND 40b SUMP

Rookums Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers, I'm currently working on a 90rr w/ a 40 gallon sump. I had a few ideas that I wanted share and get feedback on. First I got a used 90rr tank, I have new trim pieces for it and I know it needs to be resealed. The black silicone doesn't work for me, and it's in need of replacement. Will I have to completely dismantle the tank sections to remove all of it and will one tube of silicone be enough? Black silicone isn't standard on tanks right? So the original regular silicone should still be in the joints, right? Also I was thinking of painting the top and bottom trim and corner overflow white, Krylon Fusion I hear is a non-leaching paint that's good for plastic, figured I'd ask first. Next the sump, I work in a glass factory so I can get glass cut for baffles, I was wanting to get some of the tinted glass for the baffles to help the light splash in the sump. I've been told it won't leach, but I'm unsure of what questions to ask to find out for sure. I figured the 40b would make a nice sump/fuge with room for newer equipment, like a skimmer when My reef octopus 110 won't handle the bio-load. Last but not least. lids for the tank, what is my desired thickness and measurements, perfecto says 16.75x22.75, thought I'd ask. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance but I'd thought I'd reach out to you guys before I make a move. I have everything except the glass that I need cut, no problem there. I APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL feedback or comments. I wanna make this tank pop. TIA

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Krylon fusion to paint my sump trim and the pvc above the water line. I wouldn't use it on anything below the waterline. It works great!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back