FUPA

c0d0429d0d44f1f634cdd9ef1f1a7f26.jpg

Euphylliafamily

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7-8 frags all zoathids pretty ticked I didn't win the clowns 50 tickets for the grade A's, glad one of the FUPA guys was pulling for me

SteelerMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an awesome event! Thanks again to Jon and all the volunteers that make this possible. I picked up some sweet corals and met a ton of great people. Thanks to everyone in the club for the donations and the help at the table. I'm leaving at 5 am for Aruba to swim in God's aquarium So won't have time to post pics. Hopefully post pics of my Fox Flame when I get back

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really, really fun event!

How many corals did I come home with? Probably not a good idea to try to count them. Mini-maxi carpets. Rock flowers. Zoas. Acans. A red blasto. A teeny little Jack-'o-Lantern lepto. A Duncan. A few millepora, Montipora and birdsnest corals to take my first baby steps into the world of SPS. Memories. Faces to go with names like "Sassawrasse" and "Triggereef". Meeting up with folks from SWCARK and CTARS. Sharing the love of tropical marine life. Learning about corals I'd never seen before. Wondering whether those were painted-up lobsters, or whether blood shrimp really _do_ get that big.

This day would have been worth the trip and price of admission if I didn't buy a single thing for the tank - but with a tank that's got spaces to be filled in, I was a kid in the candy shop - with birthday money burnin' a hole in my pocket. Thanks to Jon (who I didn't meet) and the others who helped to pull this together, to all the vendors, from hobbyists clearing space for their fish to swim to nationally known "coral celebrities", and to all the reefers (there are a lot of reefers out there!! The parking lots around the school just aren't big enough!!) who contributed to its success!

Didn't even hardly _look_ at the raffle stuff, and hoping that next year, I'll have the confidence to help out with the club tables. 'Cause I _do_ plan to be there!

~Bruce

OP
OP
AquaMama13

AquaMama13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to give a huge thank you to Jon, all the volunteers, the school and everyone who donated time and/ or frags to our club tank. We sold every piece of coral we had and the club made some money to have some awesome events! I love this hobby and there are some awesome people in it! Can't wait to see everyone at the March meeting!

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought my older brother with me, whose saltwater tank in the early 80's was my inspiration for getting into the hobby. He has not had a tank for the last 10 years. Needless to say the FFM blew his mind.
He is thinking about setting a freshwater tank but I am trying to sway him back over to the dark (salty) side.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back