FFM - CTARS Thank You

Munchie1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone that came through the doors of the FFM yesterday passed directly by our table and tank as it was the very first one.

This year was CTAR's first year putting up a tank of their own and all the coral in the tank, as well as the equipment, and products being sold were donated by members of CTARS.

We had a overwhelming amount of people donate items and time to our club tank. Let me apologize now to anyone I forget and to those of you whose names I couldn't remember.

Philrodrigo - We went to his house the other day and he donated a bunch of frags and the PVC setup for the lighting.
Kyle (Kynan) Came to the FFM with a HUGE box of SPS that literally filled our tank for us!
RWinfrey opened the Wildwood Christian School for us the other day so we could frag coral for the club tank.
Useful_Idiot brought over a bunch of SPS to the tank from his tank at the FFM.
RosstheReefer came to the table with a TON of phytoplankton and caulerpa. He also came by numerous times and offered to relieve me at any time if I needed it.
LeslieP donated some nice pieces of nephthea coral that everyone loved as well as some others. She also kept stopping by and asking if I needed some help
smile.gif

Chriskid donated some SPS from his tank at the FFM.
Paulywalnuts donated two heaters for the CTARS tank.
Smb2415 came over with his wife for quite some time and helped me with the crowds and with bagging the corals.
The Coral Reef LLC donated an array of frags to the club the morning of the FFM.
Massreefcare.com stopped by our table and donated a bunch of frags to our club the day of the FFM.
There was the gentleman who came with the two Black Velvet fish (who travels from another state and is one of our members) and donated the fish to our tank.
There was also two gentleman who came by right after I had sold the last of the euphyllia coral and brought me some more as well as some paly's.
(I'm sorry again for forgetting your names!!!
sad.gif
)
Steelermike came by numerous times and offered to relieve me from my post for a while or help with anything and his brother CountryBob came by and helped out by getting some people interested in the club and even getting a few to sign up as well!!!! His company was very much enjoyed too
biggrin.gif

Trump stayed most of the day to help out and this was greatly appreciated.
My biggest thank you goes to Gabriel...funny enough, I don't know his screen name lol! He just worked a double shift and came in bright and early to work with the club tank. He was right there explaining the corals to everyone when I was clueless and he tied those darned thick bags that Chris always insists on buying! He certainly made the day much easier for me! Trump and Gabriel were the troopers of the day!!
I also want to thank my kids, Brian and Alana who also woke up at 5 in the morning and didn't go to bed until around 1 in the morning getting ready for this event with us...

To everyone who purchased from the club tank, thank you. Your purchases are helping fund future trips, speakers, and more!

To Headie Corals, thank you for your purchase of the remaining corals in the club tank. Our current club tank would not have been able to house ninety percent of the remaining coral and Chris was uncomfortable with housing it until the next meeting raffle.

Of course a special thanks to Fitch for putting an event like this together and for giving us primo real estate
xyxthumbs.gif

Again, if I forgot anyone, I truly apologize, it certainly isn't intentional, there was just sooooo much help!

I'm so very proud to say that the club did fantastic and pulled in a total of $1094 in sales, new/renewal memberships, pre-sale of CMAC tickets and March meeting pre-sales. We will give the club a breakdown of the sales at the next club meeting.

My son went around and took photo's of the event and I will put them up a little later. Chris and I are trying to catch up on club business first
smile.gif

I hope everyone had as much fun as we all did! Thanks again to everyone!!!!! Until next year!!!

OP
OP
Munchie1976

Munchie1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the photo's....there are quite a few. They are all taken by my son, Brian Garceau.
DSC08189.jpg

DSC08190.jpg

DSC08193.jpg

DSC08194.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back