Fiberglass reef safe?

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
520
Reaction score
0
Location
Philly, Pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has tried growing zoos on fiberglass window screening? The zoos would love to creep on tightly stretched screening, and frags can be cut out with an exacto knife. Im gonna check into this..
 
Wow, Matt that sounds cool. Let us knows how it goes for sure!
:wave:
Laurie
 
I know there is a plastic screening that people use to cover overflows. Its diffinatly reefsafe. Im not sure where to get it though. Ive seen it a few times on RC.
 
JGoslee said:
I know there is a plastic screening that people use to cover overflows. Its diffinatly reefsafe. Im not sure where to get it though. Ive seen it a few times on RC.

are you talking about eggcrate? or gutter guard?
 
Its not eggcrate. It looks like screening used on windows but it is made of plastic. Im not sure what gutter gaurd is.
 
i think he is talking about the gutter guard.. I will get some screening this week and set up a little rack and we'll go from there. I want to make sure that its safe first though..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new