fiiji cube 20 gallon peninsula

brissey02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The consolidation of my 120 with a 40-gallon sump, begins with a 20-gallon fiiji cube peninsula that I picked up recently. (i mean, while I love my big tank, I think this is the best way to go for me right now. my clownfish may disagree though, as they've had full run of an extra hundred gallons compared to what they'll soon have)

tempImagelOgKGi.jpg

I picked the kitchen counter next to the sink, for 3 reasons.. to ensure it would be okay in an RV since this is likely the only place I'll have to put it once we're in one (stationary 100%.. no risk to fishies due to moving around), for a place to drain water for water changes without messing with a bucket, and because my mother moved in with us out of a 2500 sqft home, and there's no room to put anything in our house right now.

I placed the leveling mat down, and by some miracle finally for the tank centered on it, before connecting the pump and return in their appropriate places. Gave everything a good scrub, then put the filter sock in.

tempImageLBNIqG.jpg

I will say, it's definitely a neat little tank. We wanted rimless when we got the 120 but ended up buying one with a hood off of someone. I loved the idea of the hood on it... until we owned it. it was short-lived, to say the least, and it ended up in the "burn pile" shortly after (the wood started rotting and falling into the tank)

I went with Caribsea Fiji pink sand, then filled the tank with salt water that I got from a reef store with much better water quality than I have at home.

that's where we're at for now. I have the rocks soaking in bleach water now, in preparation to start making my aquascape. In the meantime, I'm scrolling Pinterest and build threads for ideas

I'm 100% open to any suggestions (and budget lighting recommendations) because nano tanks feel like a whole new ball game to me right now (keep the apex, and switch it to being on this tank? or sell?)

will update once I start working on the rockscape :)

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rimless is my preferred way too... just make sure to get some sort of mesh top over it, especially in a small tank... those fish always find a way to jump out.

If you already have an Apex, I would totally keep it and add it to the new tank. Nano parameters can swing quickly, so a way to monitor it is always a plus.

OP
OP
brissey02

brissey02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rimless is my preferred way too... just make sure to get some sort of mesh top over it, especially in a small tank... those fish always find a way to jump out.

If you already have an Apex, I would totally keep it and add it to the new tank. Nano parameters can swing quickly, so a way to monitor it is always a plus.
Definitely getting a lid soon haha. Putting everything together little by little. My mocha clown would 100% be the first one to see if she could jump the furthest

OP
OP
brissey02

brissey02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like euro bracing just cuz harder for jumpers to leap from lol.
Lighting I'm gonna say oddysea 24" 4 bulb t5 vho
D
I’ll have to check that one out! I’ve gotten a lot of Ai prime recommendations, but they’re a little pricey, so I’m definitely looking on the used side for them, and still not seeing anything under $300

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back