Fiji Acropora ID and specs

  • Thread starter Thread starter Janci
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2016
Messages
3,022
Reaction score
9,226
Location
Belgium
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this pink acropora lately which is now at the bottom of the tank getting used to indoor lighting.
This is a maricultured coral that came with a Fiji shipment a couple of weeks ago.

Any ID on it and what would be a possible good light and flow position?

20171111_164221.jpg
 
I got this pink acropora lately which is now at the bottom of the tank getting used to indoor lighting.
This is a maricultured coral that came with a Fiji shipment a couple of weeks ago.

Any ID on it and what would be a possible good light and flow position?

20171111_164221.jpg
I believe it is an acropora hyacinthus, but I'm no expert on species. Beautiful coloration, hopefully you can keep it that way! IME all acros should get as much flow as possible without stressing the coral (lack of polyp extension, shearing flesh) etc. As far as lighting, that coral was cooked in the shallows to bring out those colors before shipping (like most bright maricultured are) but the water conditions and light source are obviously very different. I would acclimate it to your "captive" light source before lighting it up good. Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new