OP
OP
M

mckee1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have the tank sitting on? i’m looking into this tank but don’t want to buy the 1k stand
Sorry I thought I responded but it must've not sent from my iphone. It's an old chest that I get from a friend. It's sturdy as a rock. I did the calculations of how much it would weigh when filled and tested it out with bins full of water and me sitting on it lol. If you can't find a good piece of furniture and don't feel like shelling out 1k, I would look into building one. There's a lot of blueprints online and you can put cabinet doors over the frame to make it look good.

OP
OP
M

mckee1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_2342.jpeg
    IMG_2342.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2343.jpeg
    IMG_2343.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2344.jpeg
    IMG_2344.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 78

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really good.

Is there anything about your equipment setup you would change? Some of the 20-30 gallon AIO out there look really attractive, but I'm worried that the aio chambers will be limiting.

My mom has taken an interest in my aquarium, and I am considering setting up a smallish one at her house. She could do daily stuff, but I would have to do the more serious maintenance. I figure that would make sure I visit here at least once a week :)

OP
OP
M

mckee1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really good.

Is there anything about your equipment setup you would change? Some of the 20-30 gallon AIO out there look really attractive, but I'm worried that the aio chambers will be limiting.

My mom has taken an interest in my aquarium, and I am considering setting up a smallish one at her house. She could do daily stuff, but I would have to do the more serious maintenance. I figure that would make sure I visit here at least once a week :)
If you're doing water changes, I don't really see a need for having a protein skimmer, so that will clear up a lot of room. However, I do have the pump from the skimmer sucking air from outside into the first chamber. This helps boost ph. Other than that I just have a bunch of live rock rubble in the second chamber, and the third chamber has the heater and return pump. I really like the IM mightyjet pump. It's compact and gives you the ability to turn the pump off while feeding. My syncras used to always jam when I would unplug them and turn them back on, which was a pain because then you have to take it out and clean it all the time.
I use the Tunze osmolator for my top-off, which doesn't take up much space either.

martyharrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I miss a post where you added the new lights? Can we get an update on the current state of your lighting? Tank is really inspirational. I’m torn between this one and a hopefully new/larger Ultum peninsula that I’ve heard should be announced this month…

OP
OP
M

mckee1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I miss a post where you added the new lights? Can we get an update on the current state of your lighting? Tank is really inspirational. I’m torn between this one and a hopefully new/larger Ultum peninsula that I’ve heard should be announced this month…
Thanks! I’m still running the 2x AI primes and 2x 24 inch reef brites I started with. I haven’t heard of the ultum tanks but I’m always interested in the newest peninsulas.

Attachments

• IMG_2402.jpeg
    IMG_2402.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2401.jpeg
    IMG_2401.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 57

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I’m still running the 2x AI primes and 2x 24 inch reef brites I started with. I haven’t heard of the ultum tanks but I’m always interested in the newest peninsulas.
Lights look great on your tank!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.9%
Back