OP
S

stros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have not posted in awhile. wanted to wait for the cycle to finish. I just started to add some fish and soft coral frags from my friends tank. I added 2 small clowns,1 coral beauty and a age blenny . Tank still in the ugly stages.

IMG_2245.jpeg

IMG_2247.jpeg

IMG_2255.jpeg

IMG_2256.jpeg

IMG_2257.jpeg

Had 1 little hickup with my plumbing. I noticed a small leak from my overflow box. Upon further inspection found a number of cracks in the bottom. Not sure what the cause was since i was using vinyl tubing? Possiblly stress cracks? Contacted Fiji Cube and the took care of it right away. I replumbed it with silicon tubing this time so it is much more flexable. Everything is running well now. So far the new tank is coming along. Too new to tell what the long range outcome will be but heading in the right direction.

OP
OP
S

stros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a long debate and looking at a number of lighting options I have upgraded my tank lighting. I decided to go with 2 ReeFi Duo extreme. I liked the 3 year warranty, how responsive the owner Daniel was, and the adjustability of the led channels. It is amazing how little bleed out these lights have. They are built very well. Daniel took the cad drawing of my tslot and 3d printed mounts to fit the fixtures. They turned out great. The programming is fairly easy and has a number of preset programs built in. I have used the acclamation program to slowly get the corals use to the new spectrums. Currently have them set to the LPS program which Daniel said is pretty conservative. I may change over to the SPS program as time goes on and the tank matures.
IMG_2343.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

Pictures are in the morning with about 63 w. The ramp up schedule slowly goes up to 110w peak between 2:00-4:00. The max wattage for each one is 216W. Web link is https://www.reefi-lab.com .So far I am extremely please with the new fixtures. New firmware updates are posted periodically on the web and Facebook users group. Time will tell as things progress.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back