Fiji Cube Sump Baffle Kit 40B- any tips?

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm getting ready to install my Fiji Cube Sump Baffle kit and wanted to reach out to the community.

I've seen a few posts about people who have used it.

Any tips before I start deploying silicone?

Thanks,
J

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm getting ready to install my Fiji Cube Sump Baffle kit and wanted to reach out to the community.

I've seen a few posts about people who have used it.

Any tips before I start deploying silicone?

Thanks,
J
My best piece of advice would be test fit everything first. And mark exactly where you want all your baffles to end up when you silicone them in with marker on the outside of the sump as a guide :)

OP
OP
Lylelovett

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best piece of advice would be test fit everything first. And mark exactly where you want all your baffles to end up when you silicone them in with marker on the outside of the sump as a guide :)

I just put my first piece in last night - the most difficult one actually with the sock holes... The silicone job is pretty sloppy, but it's in there good. At least it's the sump and is going to become uglier with time anyway. ;)

DaveNJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Review! Would you do it acrylic baffles again, or glass ?

OP
OP
Lylelovett

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Fiji Cube sump has been up and running for about 6 months now... It is arranged from left to right: downspout/socks, skimmer, return chamber, refugium.

My only real complaint is because the refugium section is next to the return chamber, the baffle between those two bows outward toward the return chamber from all of the water weight in the refugium because the return chamber is the lowest section in the sump... and even with that i really like it. It was an extremely easy install and high quality. I'd recommend it to anyone that wanted to build their own sump.

This was is my first reef tank ever, so the idea of building a sump with glass seemed so daunting, I didn't dare embark on that project. :) That said, with all I've learned (and will learn through the years) if I ever decide to build another, I'd seriously consider giving glass a shot.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back