Fiji Pink Substrate & Pistol Shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sinkers
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sinkers

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2024
Messages
203
Reaction score
151
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I am thinking of getting a pistol shrimp and wondering if my Fiji Pink substrate is too fine of a sand for the shrimp to burrow in?

Would adding some coral rubble around the base of possible cave locations make any difference?
 
You could always add some small pebble like rocks (or smashed reef rock) if youre worried. Mine actually took all my hermit shells and hoarded frag plugs for his burrow and I had thick sand at the time! I would think as long as he could burrow under your rock somewhere he would be good! You could also get some thicker sand and put it in the tank for him if you think he needs it. The ones at my LFS are in fine sand with rocks and manage to make burrows no issue
 
You could always add some small pebble like rocks (or smashed reef rock) if youre worried. Mine actually took all my hermit shells and hoarded frag plugs for his burrow and I had thick sand at the time! I would think as long as he could burrow under your rock somewhere he would be good! You could also get some thicker sand and put it in the tank for him if you think he needs it. The ones at my LFS are in fine sand with rocks and manage to make burrows no issue
Yeh I was thinking of maybe adding a little coral rubble near the base of some rocks where he could potentially make burrows.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new