FijiCube 81 Gallon Build

I know that this is an older thread, but I'm wondering if you could provide any feedback on how noisy the tank is? I'm looking at getting one but have a small studio apartment and noise is a big factor.
 
I know that this is an older thread, but I'm wondering if you could provide any feedback on how noisy the tank is? I'm looking at getting one but have a small studio apartment and noise is a big factor.
The overflow is quiet as I would suspect pretty much most tanks, but if concerned about noise maybe spend a few extra dollars on well known name brand return pump and wave maker(s). If living in a studio and getting a smaller return pump and wave makers I would think it would be even quieter as long as you don't buy too small of pumps and strain their capabilities if that makes sense so buy a size or two up and run at lower speeds.
 
The overflow is quiet as I would suspect pretty much most tanks, but if concerned about noise maybe spend a few extra dollars on well known name brand return pump and wave maker(s). If living in a studio and getting a smaller return pump and wave makers I would think it would be even quieter as long as you don't buy too small of pumps and strain their capabilities if that makes sense so buy a size or two up and run at lower speeds.
That’s super helpful! Thanks. Yes, definitely investing in quiet pumps and wave makers!

Do you have a jump guard/lid on yours? The only ones I can find online are about $300!
 
That’s super helpful! Thanks. Yes, definitely investing in quiet pumps and wave makers!

Do you have a jump guard/lid on yours? The only ones I can find online are about $300!
Sorry for late reply, no I do not have jump guards as I think it takes away from the aesthetics of the look and have been lucky with no jumpers thus far. I have clowns, yellow tang, coral beauty, watchman goby, and royal gramma basslet. Crazy story about the royal gramma I was cleaning out my tank and removed some rocks to get to change look around some and had rocks in a bucket for 10+ minutes put rocks back in and yep you guessed it he was at the bottom of bucket. That was 6 months ago and he's still alive and well back in the tank, amazingly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new