Filling my new tank

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,964
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should i do straight rodi and mix salt after or mix and dump? Mixing and dump is gonna be a lot of time and i dont have enough binss for it but at the same time im using caribsea live sand i dont t want the bacteria to did
 
Should i do straight rodi and mix salt after or mix and dump? Mixing and dump is gonna be a lot of time and i dont have enough binss for it but at the same time im using caribsea live sand i dont t want the bacteria to did
I have done both ways. I find it easiest for larger tanks to fill with rodi and add salt. Just add your sand after. This creates a mess though. I also dont want to rinse my sand with my well water and using rodi would be exhausting. Most say the caribsea live sand isnt really live and you should rinse it. I did my current reef by placing dry rock, filling with rodi, add salt, let it run for a day, check sg and adjust if needed, shut off flow add sand, Use some sort of mechanical filter material to clear water for a couple days then start cycle, its about 120g. New tank is 180g with a 100g sump and I will most likely do it the same way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new