Filter 10g aio? Just water changes?

BlackClown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious what would you do? My tank is still cycling, I only have some filter floss right now.
Is water changes all it will need?
Carbon? Rox.08....?
Chemipure blue? Elite?
Would you recommend anything else for filtration?

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious what would you do? My tank is still cycling, I only have some filter floss right now.
Is water changes all it will need?
Carbon? Rox.08....?
Chemipure blue? Elite?
Would you recommend anything else for filtration?
From my experience chemical filtration in the very beginning is pointless until you are stocked and have a fish load but that’s just my opinion

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 16 gallon fluval. It came as an all in one tank but I made a few changes.

The changes I made:

Installed a Skimz nano skimmer. Had to cut a hole in the canopy but it fits well in the corner of the tank.

Removed the rubble in the back canister filter and put 3 tablespoons of BRS Rox .08 in and change monthly.

Removed the led lights that came with it and installed 1-Reef Brite white and 1-Actinic Blue strip.

Threw out the cheap heater and installed a finnex titanium heater and finnex controller.

Installed a nano pump head for more flow.

I control it with a simple lighted switched strip.

I do bi-weekly water changes of just about a third of the tank. Very easy to do with such a small tank.

This tank have been awesome! Every coral I've put in it seem to do fantastic. No algae issues, simple to cycle. I wish my bigger tanks performed so well.
Fluval 16 gal.jpg

The pic doesn't do the tank justice. The coral are much brighter with red and blue acans. Very colorful Zoas and Palys. Fun hobby.

Last edited:

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 97 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back