Filter feeder that looks like a gray dandelion.

lilfish717

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2019
Messages
807
Reaction score
292
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got 3 new corals yesterday. On the side of one of my chalices is this little thing that has a stalk and then a feather like fan on the end of it. Definitely appears to be a filter feeder. The feathers look like my purple porcelain crabs feeder arms. I don't know how I'd get a picture of it because it's in the middle of my tank and I just have a regular phone camera. Any help would be nice.

Edit: here's pics.

Screenshot_20190414-175413.png


Screenshot_20190414-175345.png


IMAG1192.jpg


IMAG1191.jpg


IMAG1188.jpg


IMAG1189.jpg


Screenshot_20190414-175221.png


IMAG1186.jpg


Screenshot_20190414-175203.png
 
Last edited:
I actually got some pictures. Uploading now.
 
Some are fan shaped some coned..all beneficial.
 
Some are fan shaped some coned..all beneficial.
I hope that's what it is.y first hitchhiker that I noticed. Also had a few cope/amphipods come with this. I also noticed something before I got these that looked like a 1 mm snail shell. I touched it and it appeared to move. I came back later and I couldn't find it anymore.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new