Filter sock on extremely small pump inlet

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to try and get a filter sock in my sump to enhance filtration, but I can’t find any commercial sock that will fit over my sump intake(roughly an inch OD, maybe less). Is there a tiny, condom - sized sock available somewhere for a tiny inlet or do I have to make one myself?
no images cuz I can’t fit my phone in the sump :.[

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to try and get a filter sock in my sump to enhance filtration, but I can’t find any commercial sock that will fit over my sump intake(roughly an inch OD, maybe less). Is there a tiny, condom - sized sock available somewhere for a tiny inlet or do I have to make one myself?
no images cuz I can’t fit my phone in the sump :.[
Is it possible to make a reducer with PVC fittings to put a small, ummmm, into a wide, ummmm.

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make a loop on one end of a zip tie then stick it in the pipe with the lead sticking out and stuff filter floss in the pipe to the loop in the zip tie. pull on the zip tie and hope the floss comes with it when time to change? *shrug* good luck

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
similar to above, I use a rubber band around a normal sock on a pvc that I plug into the drain pipe

OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make a loop on one end of a zip tie then stick it in the pipe with the lead sticking out and stuff filter floss in the pipe to the loop in the zip tie. pull on the zip tie and hope the floss comes with it when time to change? *shrug* good luck
oh zip tying it on could be a good idea. I’m not sure if the outlet has a protruding tube(it might just attach through a hole in the sump wall) but I’ll definitely try doing that. Probably gonna make my own socks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back