Filtration for fish only tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter follow3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

follow3

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
244
Reaction score
0
Location
Hampton, Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey People,

I am thinking of setting up a 30 gal. fish only tank for a couple of dwarf lions.

I am new to salt water and have only kept corals, so I have no idea what type of filtration and lighting is best for fish only.

Any recomendations on a good fish only setup?

Thanks
 
A fish only tank is a lot like a reef tank. Most likely your fish will be messy eaters so lots of live rock and a good skimmer will really help keep the tank clean. You don't really need alot of light for a fish only tank so you have a lot of options to chose from. Right now I'm using 2 - 50/50 pc's over my 90gal fowlr. I plan on adding T5's in the future but I'm not in any rush since I don't really need them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new