Filtration

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I see everyone’s biological filtration and filtration in general in ther small tanks
Thanks

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run: activated carbon, GFO, filter floss. Most of the biological filtration is in my live rock. Additional detail in my tank thread.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 12.44.32 AM.png

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run: activated carbon, GFO, filter floss. Most of the biological filtration is in my live rock. Additional detail in my tank thread.

Yeah that’s cool my tank is 10 gallons I’m getting some more rock for biological filtration in my internal filter all I have is filter floss and ceremic filter media is ther anything you would recommend. Your tank is beautiful btw

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah that’s cool my tank is 10 gallons I’m getting some more rock for biological filtration in my internal filter all I have is filter floss and ceremic filter media is ther anything you would recommend. Your tank is beautiful btw

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for your kind words!

Honestly, it depends on your system - how much fish you have, how much you feed, if you’re dosing anything, etc.

But I am a firm believer that the most important component is the biological part, most especially live rock.

I wouldn’t recommend anything else unless you feel you need it for a specific purpose. For example if you feel your phosphates are too high, then maybe a little GFO may be helpful.

Is there anything specific you are trying to accomplish with filtration?

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for your kind words!

Honestly, it depends on your system - how much fish you have, how much you feed, if you’re dosing anything, etc.

But I am a firm believer that the most important component is the biological part, most especially live rock.

I wouldn’t recommend anything else unless you feel you need it for a specific purpose. For example if you feel your phosphates are too high, then maybe a little GFO may be helpful.

Is there anything specific you are trying to accomplish with filtration?
No not really I’m just trying to see if Thers anything else I need for my filtration but I think I got enough but I'm defenetly getting some more live rock for more places for bacteria. Thanks for the advice

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not really I’m just trying to see if Thers anything else I need for my filtration but I think I got enough but I'm defenetly getting some more live rock for more places for bacteria. Thanks for the advice
Sound like you are overthinking how much you need, if you have rocks and sand you will have plenty, if you want to add a little more, add a couple of maxspec bio balls in the back chambers of your tank, unless you have really good live rock, bioballs will hold many times more than the rock we tend to use these days

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does dry rock and live rock do the same thing Just live rock has been in a tank and has bactiria on it
thats right, live rock is wet rock that has the bacteria on it, dry rock is dry white rock. When you add it to the tank, over time it will be live rock.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back