Filtration

Craig Herbert

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2015
Messages
7
Reaction score
5
Location
Northeastern PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some insight. ( little over a year ago) I set ny 90 gal back up for saltwater after 21 years being dormant. I am running a standard wet dry system for that long also pumping about 400 gph. I have having algae and Nitrate issues. All other levels are good fish are healthy but I would like some input on upgrading to a better filtration system. I plan on keeping it as mainly a fish only but would like to be able to put a couple of anemone's and frags in.

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Are you using Bio-Balls? In my old 60 gallon system I removed the Bio-Balls and used Live rock rubble instead, and I ran an awful HOB skimmer in the return area.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new