Fin regeneration

Mad Zoas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I’m looking for info regarding fin growth. A week ago I adopted a clownfish (small) as I placed it in quarantine and was under observation I noticed it’s anal and tail fin missing. Apparently according to the former owner it was do to major bullying... will he’s fin grow back? Or is there treatment I could provide to help regenerate new fin growth?

brmreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe a clown's fin will heal, but may be somewhat mis-shapened. I have a blue/green chromis and just fed the tank regularly. Side note: I feed heavy regularly and the chromis still darted out from it's hiding spot to eat. Now it is back with the school acting normal with a deformed caudal fin. Took about 3 months before being back to normal bahavior. ;Happy

OP
OP
Mad Zoas

Mad Zoas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe a clown's fin will heal, but may be somewhat mis-shapened. I have a blue/green chromis and just fed the tank regularly. Side note: I feed heavy regularly and the chromis still darted out from it's hiding spot to eat. Now it is back with the school acting normal with a deformed caudal fin. Took about 3 months before being back to normal bahavior. ;Happy
Thanks that’s great news. I normally feed heavy so that won’t be a problem. Thanks again

Difrano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I’m looking for info regarding fin growth. A week ago I adopted a clownfish (small) as I placed it in quarantine and was under observation I noticed it’s anal and tail fin missing. Apparently according to the former owner it was do to major bullying... will he’s fin grow back? Or is there treatment I could provide to help regenerate new fin growth?
I have a Firefish that 1 month ago broke his top fin the spiky one almost at the base, IDK why or how. But now one month later it's almost grown again, the guy on the right:
CIMG8973.JPG

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 3 Snowflake clowns with tail degeneration and I'm pretty sure it was not due to bullying so I suspect bacterial. I treated them in a 90 minute bath with Ruby Reef Rallye and they have since grown their tails back. It took a few weeks.

Back