Fin rot?? Or aggression

Z-Train

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a sail fin tang for about a month and a half or so in my 90g. I feed him flake food and a large amount of nori every 2 -3 days he usually eats it all within an hour or so. Today I went to feed him and I noticed that the back edge of his Dorsal fin has small holes in it right on the edge of the fin as if someone poked through it with a needle many times I can't get pics cause he won't hold still. If this is fin rot I want to stop it as soon as possible. I put some nori in because I hadn't put it in in 3 days and I thought maybe he just was missing his nutrients, but he hasn't seemed to notice it. All I have in the tank is 2 clowns, 1 coral beauty angel, 1 peppermint shrimp, and the sail fin. I have noticed no aggression between any fish and the tang and the angel I bought out of a tank that they had been living in together for months with no aggression. He has good color, and doesn't seem to act any different. Pls help

Otter_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he is no longer eating normally? Are the spots red at all? White anywhere? How is your water quality? What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings? When was your last water change?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he is no longer eating normally? Are the spots red at all? White anywhere? How is your water quality? What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings? When was your last water change?

+1

Picture might be helpful of you can get one.

+2

Description of the symptoms without knowing the rest of the story makes it very difficult to diagnose. Pictures are worth 1000 words for these things. Also with a fin rot suspicion it could be related to nutrients in the tank...

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back