Finally a good «problem» with my reef!!!

OP
OP
Raph

Raph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's been a while but I was on r2r and I felt like giving you guys an update!

Sadly, my yellow Coris jumped through a small space between my tank and my lid due to my auto feeder. I felt terrible because I really like hi and I had him since he was so small. His colours were starting to show... Add that with the passing of jake Adams, summer, end of semester exams and work, my interest for my fish tank was at the lowest it has ever been.
Now it's going again and I feel like I'm ready to take on the next ups and downs. (In a down right now with cyano... it's so much fun lol.) If been going at it with maintenance this past few weeks and the tank is already looking better. Something I had forgotten was that I had another jumper in the tank.. My watchman goby. It's my fault and only my fault. I prefer the tank without the lid and about a month ago I removed it to clean it and never put it back on... Well, lesson learned I guess.

Even if I was spending less time reefing, I was still looking at fish from time to time and I still read about wrasses. The passing of my Coris meant that I could add a less aggressive wrasse now. Turns out that my lfs had a blue star leopard female in stock. She was there 2 weeks prior to me picking her up. I know they can be hard, mostly when it comes to eating but she was eating frozen Mysis and she seemed in good health. Also, I was really lucky because in the same tank there was a yellow watchman goby so I picked him up too. I had no worries for contamination because they were already in the same system.

They're in QT right now and, needless to say, that I customized a Red Sea net cover to make sure that no one will jump. I will also be ordering a customized lid for my display to fit the auto feeder. Well, there you have it, a pretty detailed update, I feel like it's too much✌️:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raph

Raph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to snap two pictures the day I got her. They’re not good but i didn’t want to scare them. In typical wrasse fashion she’s hiding in the sand now…
IMG_0677.jpeg
IMG_0676.jpeg

Back