Finally a Use for Diatoms!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
That is some pretty sweet science! Lets hope it pans out and does help "curing" cancer.

NOW, as far as your title.....I've been using diatoms for over 33 years with the water-filled hole I have in my backyard. It's call DE, and stands for Diatomaceous Earth. It is the fossilized remains of diatoms, which act as a filter medium, filtering the water in my pool. So diatoms have had a use....for some time.....and extremely effective in producing crystal clear water.
 
That is some pretty sweet science! Lets hope it pans out and does help "curing" cancer.

NOW, as far as your title.....I've been using diatoms for over 33 years with the water-filled hole I have in my backyard. It's call DE, and stands for Diatomaceous Earth. It is the fossilized remains of diatoms, which act as a filter medium, filtering the water in my pool. So diatoms have had a use....for some time.....and extremely effective in producing crystal clear water.
That is awesome! I did not know that!
 
...man I keep learning new things
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new