Finally Algae!

  • Thread starter Thread starter JackDE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JackDE

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2016
Messages
237
Reaction score
212
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok maybe it's weird that I am excited to see bad algae but I have been keeping my CUC minimal because I didn't think I had any algae to feed them. I am now seeing Diatoms on my rocks and sand.
Will be adding snails and hermits tomorrow. I want to add a peppermint shrimp but wondering how often they roam the tank during the day?

Current CUC consists of 4 blue leg hermits, 1 margarita snail and 1 emerald crab.
 
Congrats!

Peppermint shrimp don't do a whole lot of roaming.....mostly just hang upside down and rock side to side in a rhythmic motion. Once you add food to the tank they will come out and feed very aggressively.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new