Finally got a Nem

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here are a couple of pics of my new purple LTA. this is where I put it two nights ago and it has not moved......
Tank 026.jpg
Tank 028.jpg

I should have a RBTA coming in to night sure hope it looks this good.

Picture taken under Two 250 Hamilton 14k and a T-5 HO Actinic

On a side note I have a black and white clown spawning with a orange and white but they are hosting my goneopora (sp) and I want them in a Nem if I put my RBTA where the Goneopora is, will there be a chance of them hosting it. I am planning to put the goneopora in my sump for a few weeks to try to keep them away or will they go back to it when I put it back.....
Tank 043.jpg

Last edited:

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if I put my RBTA where the Goneopora is, will there be a chance of them hosting it. I am planning to put the goneopora in my sump for a few weeks to try to keep them away or will they go back to it when I put it back.....
Tank 043.jpg

It all depends on the type of clowns and the anemone. I wouldn't worry too much about putting your RBTA in a particular place because it may move to another spot that is better suited for what it wants. No easy way to determine that before you try it, just make sure your powerheads are covered. Since your clowns are already hosting the goni I bet if you take it out and put the anemone in there they will take to it once they figure out where it is.

Good luck and keep the pics coming

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update and a question

I have had this Nem for 6 days and it is all over the place....... it has not found any area it likes and is starting to drive me nuts I just placed it in the location below hoping it will find the sand and dig. Here are some pics and now his foot is up mouth down in the sand and I don't know what to do... Do I need to place a bowl over it for the night or just turn off my powerheads tonight so it wont get blown around.. I just dont know

Tank 075.jpg
Tank 076.jpg
Tank 079.jpg
Tank 116.jpg

On a lighter not here is a pic of my new RBTA it has found a spot today and is holding strong.....

Tank 104.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back